If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Italy, eggs are often served as a main course and not for breakfast. This recipe is a favorite from my cooking school in Tuscany. We serve it right in the pan it is cooked in and with lots of bread to not waste any of the fabulous sauce. - divinacucina
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 birds-eye chili pepper, or chili flakes
- 1 can tomato sauce, unseasoned
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chives or parsley
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the sliced garlic and chili.
- Heat until garlic is just golden.
- Add canned tomatoes, crushing with the back of a spoon.
- Add salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn down heat and add eggs, removed from shell, letting them carefully slide into the sauce.
- Cover pan and let the eggs poach until the whites are firm.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.