If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was an absolute labor of love. I created it as the second course for a dinner party thrown to celebrate the launch of Ralph Lauren's new men's fragrance line. Each course was designed to highlight the key ingredients in the four fragrances. Served with a Grilled Grapefruit Compote, this dish was a tribute to lime and grapefruit, the key ingredients in Big Pony Blue #1. - sarahmcsimmons
Makes 40 ravioli
Ravioli Filling & Sauce
- 4 Ears fresh sweet corn, shucked and washed
- 10 ounces Ricotta
- 10 ounces Mascarone Cheese
- 2 Limes, zested and juiced
- 1 Serving Batch Fresh Egg Pasta (see below)
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- Using a box grater over a large bowl, remove the corn from the cob. Make sure you get right down to the cob to catch as much of the corn starch (that runny liquid that oozes while grating) as possible.
- Whisk in the ricotta and mascarpone cheese until fully incorporated. Stir in 2 tablespoons of lime juice and a large pinch of lime zest.
- Taste to gauge the flavors and add more lime juice if you prefer. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Make the pasta according to the recipe below.
- Roll each piece of pasta dough through machine, stopping at the setting before the last.
- Place one sheet of pasta on a lightly floured surface. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on the sheet of pasta leaving an inch between each dollop.
- With a pastry brush, moisten the area surrounding the filling with a little water and place the second sheet of pasta on top. Press down around the mounds, making sure to remove any air pockets that may have formed, creating a tight seal.
- Cut into desired shape using a pasta wheel. Repeat with remaining pasta dough and filling.
- Heat salted water over high heat until boiling about 30 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- Cook in batches for about 3-5 minutes or until raviolis reach desired consistency. Remove from water and repeat with remaining batches.
- In a heavy saucepan, brown butter over medium-high heat swirling until turns golden brown and releases a nutty aroma. Put remaining lime zest in a small mixing bowl and add the browned butter. Spoon over ravioli and serve.
Fresh Egg Pasta
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- pinches Salt
- Place the flour into a large wide mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Break the eggs into the well and add the salt. With a fork, begin to gently beat the eggs in a circular motion, incorporating about one-half of the flour.
- Bring the entire mixture together with a bench scraper and knead the dough with your hands for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is dry.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Cut the dough into four pieces and cover each with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Remove one piece of dough and knead through the rollers of a pasta machine set at the widest setting. Fold the dough like a business letter to form three layers, pressing out all of the air.
- Turn the open end of the dough to the right (like a book) and repeat the rolling process. Continue the folding and rolling process five times on this setting.
- Repeat the folding and rolling process for the three remaining pieces of dough. Roll each piece of dough according to the recipe above - see step five.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.