Author Notes: These were leftover ingredients I had to use up; so from the part of my brain that stores all the ice cream recipes I have ever read...this is the recipe I put together. - lapadia
Makes 1 quart
- 2 C reduced fat buttermilk
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 cup heavy whip cream
- 2 fresh limes
- Zest from the limes
- 3 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- In a large measure cup with a spout add the sugar and buttermilk; whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk all until incorporated.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.