Author Notes: Three years ago, one hot day, these were leftover ingredients I had to use up; so from a part of my brain that stores all the ice cream recipes I have ever read...this is the recipe I put together. - lapadia
Makes 1 quart
- 2 C reduced fat buttermilk
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 cup heavy whip cream
- 2 fresh limes
- Zest from the limes
- 2 tablespoons vodka (lime vodka would be great)
- In a large measure cup with a spout add the sugar and buttermilk; whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add all other ingredients but the vodka and whisk until incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Stir in the vodka and pour the mixture into your ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Let sit covered in the freezer (at least an hour) before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert