If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One very hot day, these were ingredients I had on hand; so, inspired by all the ice cream recipes I have ever read and with help from my ice cream maker’s booklet...this is the recipe I concocted. - lapadia
Makes 1 quart
- 2 C reduced fat buttermilk
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 cup heavy whip cream
- 2 fresh squeezed limes plus their zest
- 2 tablespoons vodka (lime vodka would be great)
- In a large measure cup with a spout add the sugar and buttermilk; whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the whipped cream, stir gently, just until incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After an hour has passed, stir the vodka into the mixture and pour into your ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- After churning is complete stir in the lime zest.
- Let sit covered in the freezer (at least an hour) before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.