If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: Three years ago, one hot day, these were leftover ingredients I had to use up; so from a part of my brain that stores all the ice cream recipes I have ever read...this is the recipe I put together. - lapadia
Makes 1 quart
- 2 C reduced fat buttermilk
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 cup heavy whip cream
- 2 fresh limes
- Zest from the limes
- 2 tablespoons vodka (lime vodka would be great)
- In a large measure cup with a spout add the sugar and buttermilk; whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add all other ingredients but the vodka and whisk until incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Stir in the vodka and pour the mixture into your ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Let sit covered in the freezer (at least an hour) before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert