If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am always creating new dishes using locally grown products. This tasty creation is prepared using locally grown produce and dairy products. A wonderful "company breakfast" dish. - Tracey
- 16, 1/4 inch thick baguette slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh baby arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 pound chorizo or linguica sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup packed coarsely grated Fontina cheese
- 3/4 cup Piquillo pepper or roasted peppers, drained, cut into matchstick-sized strips
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 6 large farm fresh eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8X8X2-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add arugula and garlic and cook until arugula has wilted, about 4 minutes. Transfer arugula mixture to a bowl.
- In the same skillet add the sausage and stir with a fork to break up lumps. Cook over medium heat until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the Fontina cheese, pepper, cilantro, arugula and garlic, stirring until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place 8 bread slices in prepared baking dish in a single layer. Gently press 2 baguette slices onto each side of dish. Spoon the arugula mixture into baking dish. Drizzle the egg mixture over arugula mixture, making sure to coat all the bread slices well. Allow the bread slices to soak for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over on top of tart.
- Bake tart until puffed and golden and center is set; about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
11 Ways to Become a Little More French
Live la vie en rose.
Live la vie en rose.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A feast for the ears.
Take these foods to go.