Author Notes: The recipe is based on a dish I enjoy at the local Hispanic food trucks around town. Roasted corn, lime cream, and Cotija cheese are the basis of this warm and delicious snack. I have added black beans for color and interest. - Dragana
Roasted corn, black beans and queso Cotija
- 4 ears corn, husks on
- 1/2 - 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Lime dressing, see below
- 1/3 cup queso Cotija
- To roast the corn: Soak corn with husks intact in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain water and pat dry. Broil or grill corn, turning every few minutes, until the husks char and corn kernels are cooked but still firm, about 12 – 18 minutes depending on the intensity of the heat. Cool and remove husks.
- Cut kernels off the cob and place them in a bowl. Add black beans, scallions and lime dressing. Toss to combine and top with crumbled Cotija cheese and sprig of cilantro.
- 1/3 cup sour cream, mayonnaise or yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine sour cream or mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Set aside until corn mixture is ready.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe