If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a wonderful Humita in a Peruvian restaurant last year and have been trying to recreate the flavours ever since...in the process I came up with this recipe in which, instead of steaming the corn cream in the husks, I spooned the cream into individual ramekins, topped with crumbled goat cheese and baked until bubbly....it was a hit...I hope you like it too. This works well served as a starter to a nice meal or even as a side to a grilled meat dinner. —thebackyardchef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 ears of corn
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup instant corn meal
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dashes freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat, add chopped onion and paprika and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onion is soft
- add wine and cook 2 minutes; in the meantime cut kernels off the cobs, then add them to the pan and continue cooking for another 5 minutes
- add chicken broth and cook on low heat for 15 minutes
- remove from heat, pour into a food processor bowl and process until fairly creamy; return to pan on low heat
- add instant corn meal and cook 1 minute, then add cream, salt and pepper and chili flakes and cook 3 minutes longer
- remove from heat, add olives and basil and mix to blend ingredients
- preheat oven to 400F; spoon cream into 4 individual small ramekins and top with crumbled goat cheese
- bake for about 12 minutes or until cheese is golden, serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.