If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had this at a restaurant in Berkeley, CA, and modified the hollandaise sauce to fit my desire for a spicy-lemony sauce. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can use over-easy eggs instead of poached eggs if that's your preference. If you can get ahold of heirloom tomatoes, they'll transform this dish from delicious to sublime. I recommend using either cayenne, Tabasco, Cholula, or creole seasoning to add both heat and flavor. —angiecita
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 1-2 heirloom or stem tomatoes, sliced
- 2 english muffins, halved
- hollandaise sauce
- Toast english muffins, and put 2 on each plate. Place a handful of baby spinach leaves on each half, then put a slice or two of tomato on top of spinach, and top with avocado slices
- Prepare eggs, either poaching in cups or pan frying until over-easy. Place finished eggs on top of muffins and vegetables and top with hollandaise sauce. Top with a pinch of salt and pepper, and paprika or cayenne
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne or hot sauce
- 1 stick butter, cut into 16 chunks
- Add 1 inch of water to a medium saucepan or bottom of a double boiler, bring to a boil over med-high heat
- Meanwhile, in a separate metal bowl (or the top part of the double boiler) whisk together all ingredients except butter.
- Reduce heat to low, and put bowl on top of boiling water and whisk constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove pot and bowl from heat, and begin adding the butter, a chunk at a time, whisking until melted and combined. Add butter until sauce is thick and cover until ready to use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.