Author Notes: My mother and I are making this recipe at the beginning of every summer. We have huge rhubarb plants in our backyard and it is a great recipe to use them. - Elizabeth2
Serves 3 cups
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, the strawberries and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil on a medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, util the rhubarb is soft. During this time, add the ginger and the orange juice.
- Let cool outside the heat. Then, cover and refrigerate. Can be serve hot or cold. Delicious with yogourt or ice cream.