If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To turn this into a complete vegetarian meal, double the marinade ingredients and use half the marinade for the tofu. The procedure for using tofu is as follows: Early in the day, prepare one pound of extra-firm tofu as follows: cut in half horizontally, then into thirds vertically. Place tofu in a single layer on a paper-towel-lined plate, cover with more paper towels, weight with another plate, and refrigerate for at least one hour (longer is fine). This important step prevents the tofu from falling apart during cooking. Then transfer the tofu to a container and marinate (refrigerated) in half the marinade for at least 1 hour. Saute tofu in Pam or olive oil, turning til all four sides are browned and crispy. Serve over the greens. - chefbj
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 pounds bitter greens (e.g. chard, kale, collards, mustard greens, etc.)
- Pam (olive oil or original) spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 pinch cayebbe oeooer
- prepare greens: remove tough stem ends; separate leaves from stems. Cut stems into 1-inch lengths and reserve; cut leaves into 1-inch ribbons and reserve. Mix marinade ingredients (soy sauce through ginger root) in a bowl and reserve.
- Heat large pan. Spray with pam or olive oil or a combination. Saute stems until tender.
- Add leaves and marinade. Saute until wilted.
- Arrange greens on plate. (If using tofu for a main dish, arrange tofu on greens). Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cayenne pepper. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens