If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: Remember Shakespeare's famous line about a rose by any other name? Apparently it applies to barbecue sauce as well. We were both amused and baffled (Googling made us none the wiser) by ShoeboxKitchen's recipe title, but the sauce speaks for itself: it's tangy and bright with layers of flavor, but without the cloying sweetness of so many other barbecue sauces. This sauce would be great slathered on chicken, or with pulled pork, which is how ShoeboxKitchen recommends serving it on their blog. - A&M - A&M
Makes about 2 cups once reduced
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cups ketchup
- 1 teaspoon tobasco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for about half hour, whisking periodically, until the sauce just begins to thicken. Serve immediately, or reserve in the refrigerator and reheat.
- Your Best Condiment Contest Winner!