Author Notes: Another variation of my scones. This idea came from one of the girls in my class, Amanda. - UnderTheCocoCasaRoof
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup nectarines, diced
- 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven at 450F. Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Mix buttermilk and olive oil together.
- Add liquid mixture, nectarines, lemon zest and ginger to the dry mixture and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the dough and drop it on the baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve warm.