Author Notes: I love apples with pork so I'm always tinkering with the combination. This has just a bit of spice to it. Would also go great with turkey or chicken. - ChefO - ChefO
Food52 Review: What a lovely curried combination of apples and onions. The onions were meltingly soft and the delicate curry flavors melded wonderfully with the apples. I could eat this by the spoonful (oh wait, I did!). Be sure to wait for the chutney to cool and the flavors to fully develop before serving. - Victoria - A&M
Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon Oil, Olive
- 1/2 cup Onion, Sweet, medium dice
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon Mustard, ground
- 2 cups Apples, tart, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar, Brown
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel, core and chop apples and toss in lemon juice.
- Sauté onions in oil until soft.
- Add spices to onions and stir together.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until apples are just tender.
- Adjust seasoning, cool and serve.