If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love apples with pork so I'm always tinkering with the combination. This has just a bit of spice to it. Would also go great with turkey or chicken. - ChefO —ChefO
Food52 Review: What a lovely curried combination of apples and onions. The onions were meltingly soft and the delicate curry flavors melded wonderfully with the apples. I could eat this by the spoonful (oh wait, I did!). Be sure to wait for the chutney to cool and the flavors to fully develop before serving. - Victoria —The Editors
Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon Oil, Olive
- 1/2 cup Onion, Sweet, medium dice
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon Mustard, ground
- 2 cups Apples, tart, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar, Brown
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel, core and chop apples and toss in lemon juice.
- Sauté onions in oil until soft.
- Add spices to onions and stir together.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until apples are just tender.
- Adjust seasoning, cool and serve.
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.