If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is very easy. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but most of them are foods you keep around. You can try different kinds of olives (it's good with picholines and nicoise). It's good with mild fish and grilled meat. It's even good with grilled cheese sandwiches or in mozzarella sandwiches. If you're making a lot, it is easier to put it in the food processor or mash it up in a mortar and pestle. - luvcookbooks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olives, minced
- 1/2 preserved lemon
- 1 scallion, white part, in rings
- 1 red pepper strip, minced
- 2 thyme branches
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- dash hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the flesh from the preserved lemon and discard. Cut the peel into thin strips.
- Melt the garlic over low heat in the olive oil, then add the olives, preserved lemon, scallion rings and red pepper. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and warm for another 5 minutes. Taste. The preserved lemon flavor should have permeated the crema. Adjust the seasonings. It will be spicy, but you won't be eating it by itself. That's it!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.