If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Actually this is not my recipe this recipe I found from my Aunt’s recipe note book (more than 50 years old) she stayed with her husband in USA for more than 20 years and she says this is one of her favorite recipe and she always make when she was in usa .And she found this recipe idea in 1959 from a news paper written by food editor Clementine Paddleford.( She made Clementine recipe with little changes ) - pauljoseph
- 4 large peppers
- ½ clove garlic chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped ham
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tomato juice
- ¼ can(1 ounce) tomatoes
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- Bread crumbs
- Melted butter
- dash of paprika
- Chop 2 peppers leaving in seeds, sauté in butter with garlic and onions until tender.
- Add chopped ham , water, tomato juice and tomatoes. Cook until liquid is absorbed .
- Stir in egg and cracker crumbs. Season to taste.
- Cut off tops and remove seeds from remaining 2 peppers.
- Parboil with sugar until slightly tender .
- Stuff with the tomato mixture .Cover lightly with bread crumbs ,butter and sprinkle of paprika
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until peppers are piping hot.
Tags: red peppers
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.