Author Notes: This recipe is something my mom makes when the whole family is together, and it inspires a lot of polite maneuvering when trying to procure seconds. It is rich and creamy, a completely decadent egg dish worthy of any celebration. - kitchenwitchcookie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded American cheese
- Melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and papper.
- Add milk; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- 1 cup (4 oz) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 3 oz can mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 recipe Cheese Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (3 slices)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In large skillet, cook Canadian bacon and onion in the 3 T butter until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add eggs to skillet and scramble just until set.
- Fold mushrooms and cooked eggs into Cheese Sauce.
- Turn into a 12X7X2-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining melted butter, crumbs, and paprika; sprinkle atop eggs.
- Cool, cover and chill until 30 minutes before serving.
- Bake uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs