If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love stuffed red peppers of any kind. Depending on how you like polenta, you can add more or less water here to make it ooze out when you cut into the pepper, or stay all together for each bite. Cheese also makes a good addition -the sharper the better frankly. - Lena S.
- 3 Red Peppers
- 1 Medium sized yellow onion
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh if you have)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1.5 cups grated old white cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry red chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups water
- Cut the red peppers into halves and remove the seeds. Brush the red peppers with olive oil, place them on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 375 F for 15 minutes. Remove when done and let cool.
- In a saucepan, add oil and diced onion and minced garlic. Add a couple pinches of salt and let the onions and garlic cook on medium high heat until translucent. Add in corn and let cook until the corn is just beginning to brown.
- Add in the water and sprinkle in the corn meal whisking gently to incorporate. Stir in the leaves of the thyme sprigs (ie not the stems) and red chilli flakes and salt to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes or so until the polenta is cooked and has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup grated cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the red pepper halves. Top each half with remaining cheese and sprinkle over with breadcrumbs. Broil the stuffed peppers at 400 F until the cheese melts and the breadcrumbs have browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.