If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup of farro
- 1 bunch summer radishes (assorted varieties)
- 1 pound of summer beans (green beans, wax beans and romano beans)
- olive oil infused with rosemary
- splash of red wine vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Soak farro overnight in water. A cup serves roughly two people. I soaked it while I was at work during the day. It softens the farro and makes it cook faster. After soaking, drain and rinse. Add the farro to a pot with 2 cups water, a sprig of rosemary and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. For 20-30 minutes. You want it to be tender but still hold its texture. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile clean your beans by snapping of the stem side. Rinse and place in a steamer basket. Steam for 2-3 minutes. If you don't have a steamer just simmer in water. Set aside to cool. Thinly slice radishes and cut the beans into bit size pieces on the bias. Toss all ingredients together and drizzle with rosemary olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. I bought an abundance of rosemary so I just popped a sprig into one of my bottles of olive oil. Within a few days its ready to go and super aromatic. This salad is so fresh, the texture great, tastes fantastic and makes you feel good :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radish Recipe