If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from one my friend Marcy made for me during a quilt retreat at my house a few years ago. I love the silky texture of the roasted peppers mixed with the tender, sweet baby spinach. I add some chevre to it but you could use any other cheese ligthly grated or crubmled on top. And if you like spice, you could add some red pepper flakes. YOu can serve this as a side dish or on rice, pasta or buttered toast. Also good next to an omelet or fried egg. - JoanG
Serves 2 if your are generous
- 3 organic red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1-2 ounces fresh chevre, crumbled
- Broil bell peppers or roast over a gas flame until skin is black and charred. Place in a bowl, cover with a plate, and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove skin and seeds and cut into thin slices.
- Heat oil and butter is a skilled over medium flame. Add shallots and garlic, cook, stirring, are few minutes. Add roasted pepper; cook and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach, and cook, stirring, until just barefly wilted, Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove from pan place on one or two plates.
- Top with crumbled chevre. Let it melt for a mimute.Taste, savor, and swoon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe