If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We make this with bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato sandwiches on really good sourdough bread. And leftover, the soup is good cold or heated up with another BLAT sandwich. I've also made this for a picnic to be sipped in plastic cups. - ourlastsupper
- 4 red peppers
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup cream, divided
- salt & pepper
- Hot smoked paprika, optional
- Roast the red peppers over an open flame or under a broiler. Once the skin is charred place the peppers in a bowl and cover for about 10 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, rub the skins off of the peppers.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and saute the diced onions with the whole sprig of rosemary until the onions are translucent. Add the roasted peppers and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Remove the rosemary sprig.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is thick.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a tablespoon of cream drizzled on top. For extra heat, add a little sprinkling of hot smoked paprika.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe