Author Notes: Give your green beans the Asian treatment! - mtlabor
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add generous amount of salt and add green beans. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for about 2 minutes. You want it to get pretty hot by itself. Add oil and coat the pan. Add the green beans and saute for about 2-4 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Make a well in the center of the skillet and add garlic, ginger powder, and red pepper flakes. Slowly start to incorporate the green beans, until everything is well mixed.
- Stir in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve fresh and hot as a great side or snack!