If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a nice summer recipe. You can bake it in the morning and have it cold or at room temperature when it's too hot to cook. If you add more olives, you can leave out the anchovies and have a vegetarian meal. I recently tasted white anchovies and think they would be good with this dish, but haven't tried them yet. The rice should be freshly cooked, not cold and lumpy and the dish should be eaten the same day that it is cooked. - luvcookbooks —luvcookbooks
Food52 Review: I'm used to stuffed peppers having greasy skins and dried-out interiors—and nothing close to anchovies on the inside. The bright citrus notes from the lemon juice and zest went a long way toward fixing my perceptions with this dish. Make this with the best anchovies or olives you can find, and you'll be rewarded. I ate them as a warm dinner, but am sure luvcookbooks is right and they'd also work fine as a cold lunch. - Kevin Purdy —The Editors
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 2 oz can anchovies, drained and chopped
- juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/3 cup olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Oil a 9 x 9 baking dish (or two, if your red peppers are large) and put the peppers in the baking dish.
- Melt the onions in the olive oil over medium low heat until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes. The garlic should not color.
- Mix the onion and garlic mixture into the cooked white rice. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Add pepper to taste.
- Loosely fill red peppers with rice mixture. Bake for 25 minutes. If the mixture seems dry, dribble more olive oil on during baking. Serve warm or cold.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.