If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Russian you call someone “rediska”, which means radish, when they’re naughty and misbehaving. At least that’s what my mother does. I never could understand why, but perhaps it’s because radishes are sharp and peppery. Anyway, being called a radish doesn’t hurt my feelings any because I happen to love radishes. I grew up eating this cool and refreshing radish salad, and as far as I can tell, it’s a Russian classic. My mother makes it with Kirby cucumbers, but I usually use English cucumbers because they’re much easier to find. And Mom never used the dill, though it is a common addition. I can’t remember what Mom served this with, and she’s being a radish and not answering her phone right now so I can’t ask, but I think it’s great on the side with roast chicken. One large bunch of radishes is usually enough to make the recipe. - Lucy Vaserfirer —Lucy Vaserfirer
Food52 Review: This is a lovely, simple salad that is such a pretty side dish! A hand-held mandoline made quick work of the slicing. Peppery radishes were balanced by the cool taste of the sliced cucumbers. I had imagined this recipe might need some lemon juice or zest. Wrong! Lucy's recipe reminds me of my "Creamy Cucumber Side" in many ways, only easier and so tasty. Thumbs up! - Lizthechef
- 12 ounces radishes, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2/3 English cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- couple pinches Kosher salt
- couple pinches freshly ground black pepper
- Toss together the radishes, cucumber, green onions, dill, if desired, and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.