If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love chili and this is a very tasty and easy version to make. The prep time is very short, just put it in a pot and let it do it's magic. I make a very large batch and freeze it in small portions for convenience. I serve this over ditalini pasta topped with shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream. —ADRIENE
- 3 pounds ground beef (lean)
- 1 yellow onion (small dice)
- 8 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 jalapeno
- 2 -28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 -15 oz cans kidney beans (drained)
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 1 -15 oz can diced tomato in juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Get a large pot on the stove and get the oil heated. Add the diced onion and cook until trnaslucent. Now add the minced garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the meat is browned. While the meat is browning take the jalapeno peppers and put over the direct burner on low heat and turn with tongs until they are charred. Set aside to cool down.
- Once the meat is browned strain out the fat. Add in the canned tomatoes, beans, beef stock, and spices. Remove the seeds from the jalapeno's and dice in small pieces and add to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and turn the flame down to a low simmer. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Adjust salt and pepper.
Life's a beach
Life's a beach.
Food blog links we love.
It's time to travel.
The truth about salt swaps.
Put cake on a pedestal.