Author Notes: During the years I lived in Germany, Abendbrot typified my evening meal. You could adorn your slice of bread with cheese, sliced meat, vegetable slices, and herb garnish. Last night I decided to toast some organic peasant bread, then added thin slices of soft cheese rounds, topping that with some herbs and a layer of radish slices. Perfect! - Sagegreen - Sagegreen
Food52 Review: Having just a few excellent quality ingredients on hand really elevates what would otherwise be a very humble sandwich. I used my favorite sourdough bread and rounds of Boucheron goat cheese. When topped with the Himalayan salt, the crushed pink peppercorns, the herbs, and, of course, the radishes, this is a quick, delicious and nourishing meal or snack. - WinnieAb - A&M
- 8 slices artisan bread of your choice
- drizzle of best EVOO
- 8 ounces soft ripened goat cheese or burratina
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 bunch of radishes, washed and sliced thinly
- Drizzle a bit of EVOO on the sliced bread and toast until golden brown.
- Add the thinly sliced cheese rounds on top of the hot toast.
- Add the fresh herbs on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the pink salt and pepper on top of the sliced radish. Layer the radish slices on top. Enjoy as dinner or a snack.