If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the years I lived in Germany, Abendbrot typified my evening meal. You could adorn your slice of bread with cheese, sliced meat, vegetable slices, and herb garnish. Last night I decided to toast some organic peasant bread, then added thin slices of soft cheese rounds, topping that with some herbs and a layer of radish slices. Perfect! - Sagegreen - Sagegreen
Food52 Review: Having just a few excellent quality ingredients on hand really elevates what would otherwise be a very humble sandwich. I used my favorite sourdough bread and rounds of Boucheron goat cheese. When topped with the Himalayan salt, the crushed pink peppercorns, the herbs, and, of course, the radishes, this is a quick, delicious and nourishing meal or snack. - WinnieAb - The Editors
- 8 slices artisan bread of your choice
- drizzle of best EVOO
- 8 ounces soft ripened goat cheese or burratina
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 bunch of radishes, washed and sliced thinly
- Drizzle a bit of EVOO on the sliced bread and toast until golden brown.
- Add the thinly sliced cheese rounds on top of the hot toast.
- Add the fresh herbs on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the pink salt and pepper on top of the sliced radish. Layer the radish slices on top. Enjoy as dinner or a snack.
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.