If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad combines spicy radishes with sweet sungold tomatoes and strawberries and treats the herbs like salad greens. You can feel free to use actual greens (like baby arugula or spinach) for all or part of the herbs, but if you go that route, I would still garnish the salad with some minced dill. - WinnieAb - WinnieAb
Food52 Review: We loved WinnieAb's Radish and Herb Salad with Sungold Tomatoes and Strawberries! I used a mixture of baby lettuce and herbs from my garden (basil, oregano, mint, parsley), and since I couldn't find lemon verbena, I used about 2 teaspoons of lemon zest instead. The sweetness of the strawberries and tomatoes nicely balances the pungency of the radishes, and the different herbs make little surprise explosions in your mouth when you taste them. The salad has great texture; a good balance between the softness of lettuce and herbs and the crunchiness of radish. WinnieAb's dressing of yogurt and maple syrup worked really well. Strawberry and tomato season is just about over around here, but I could see making this salad with apples or pears (or both) cut into small pieces. This was a really great salad, and I highly recommend it as an editors' pick. – drbabs - The Editors
- 2 cups sliced radishes (I used organic "common" red radishes)
- 2 cups loosely packed herb leaves (I used equal parts of basil, mint, lemon balm, and dill, plus a handful of anise hyssop flowers from my garden)
- 1 cup sungold (or other small "cherry" tomatoes)
- 1 cup very ripe quartered strawberries
- 4 tablespoons organic plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the yogurt and the maple syrup, and pour over the salad. Mix well and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radish Recipe
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.