If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever since I came across a delicious day recipe for radish pesto using the leaves, I've been raring to go. Eager to use some hazelnuts from my deep freezer and hazelnut oil which has been languishing in my pantry, I combined them. The pesto has a bright green colour, a slightly peppery flavour with a gentle edge of bitterness. Tips : 1) once my hazelnuts have cooled, I grind them in my spice grinder and add that to the mix to be blended. 2) I always minimise the salt I use in the making of my pesto till the end (and after I've added the cheese). This prevents me from oversalting. 3) Add 1/3 of the grapeseed oil and increase if you want it thinner - Kitchen Butterfly
Serves scant cup
- Well washed green leaves from a bunch of radishes (mine weighed in at 40g)
- 20g skinned hazelnuts (filberts), gently toasted & ground
- 30g freshly grated pecorino/parmesan cheese
- 1 small clove of garlic, to taste
- Skin of 1 kumquat (or some citrus either a tablespoon of juice or 1 teaspoon of zest)
- 1/3 - 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- Sea salt, chilli pepper to taste
- Place the radish leaves, ground hazelnuts, grated cheese, garlic, citrus skin/zest/juice and 1/3 cup of the grapeseed oil to start with in a blender or food processor.
- Blitz till smooth, scooping sides in/down in between pulses. Add more oil if required, though mixture liquifies easily.
- Remove from blender/processor and stir in the hazelnut oil.
- Season with salt and chilli pepper to taste and refrigerate for use in salads, soups, sarnies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radish Recipe
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.