If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggplants... you either love them or you hate them... why not love them and turn them into this tasty dip? - mtlabor
- 1 small eggplant
- 3 garlic cloves, skin on, if possible
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 305 F.
- Wrap the eggplant in aluminum foil. Set the eggplant and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until eggplant and garlic cloves have softened. The garlic may be done before the eggplant, so just take it out when you see fit.
- Let eggplant cool for just a moment, or until you can safely touch it. Carefully peel off skin and add eggplant to a medium bowl. Push out garlic from skins and add to bowl as well.
- Mix in salt, pepper, olive oil, sesame seeds, and lemon juice. Using a potato masher, mash ingredients together until well combined. If you like your dip a bit smoother, you can even use an immersion blender instead of a potato masher. But me, I like the texture of having a few chunks in the dip, so I stuck with the masher.
- Serve with your choice of chips and enjoy!
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.