If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Radishes were a vegetable that I snubbed when I was growing up. They would turn up in the family salad at night and I would either swallow them or swath them in salad dressing and hope for the best (mom caught any hiding of food and made us eat it anyway). This recipe changed my mind completely. They stand up to the red onions, lime juice, and avocado and provide a crisp and clean flavor to the creaminess of the avocado. It couldn't have been easier and I didn't have to heat up my kitchen. I served it atop of a toasted piece of bread spread with goat cheese and topped with a sprinkling of salty wild Alaskan salmon. I also enjoyed it straight from the spoon to my mouth. - testkitchenette
Serves about 3 cups
- 10 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix ingredients fully. Taste for salt and pepper and correct seasoning if necessary.
- Serve as you wish. I suggest as I described but garnishing a burrito would be lovely or along side grilled poultry, meat, or fish would be great also. Tortilla chips would be a nice vehicle as well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radish Recipe
Recipe of the Day
When life hands you lemons, make sparkling rhubarb lemonade.
Recipe of the Day
Eat your beans.
Enter your best mash-up recipe.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.