If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With a flaky sour cream crust, creamy goat cheese and crisp radishes sliced incredibly thin and tossed in sherry vinegar, this free form tart can be sliced into thin wedges and served with cocktails, or paired with a salad for a lunch or a light dinner. I like to switch up the radishes to whatver is available at the market, but try to avoid the all white radishes, this dish looks most delectable with a rosy tint. - ohhelloelle —ohhelloelle
Food52 Review: The crust on this galette is great -- flaky and tender with just a little something extra from the sour cream. The little bit of mustard underneath is nice with the radishes and the little bit of rosemary adds something special. – Stephanie —The Editors
For The Crust
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 6 ounces sour cream (not low fat or fat free)
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Combine flour and salt
- cut butter into flour / salt mixture, mix should be dry and crumble easily
- slowly add sour cream, while cutting flour / butter mix with a fork
- if dough still looks a bit too dry add a tablespoon of icewater at a time until dough is a fully formed ball, wrap and refrigerate 10 minutes.
Radish and Goat Cheese Galette
- 5 ounces chevre goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 sour cream pie crust, see above
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 6 medium size, firm radishes, sliced thin with a mandoline or very sharp knife
- 1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and use sour cream to soften to a spreadable texture, season to taste with kosher salt and pepper
- roll out chilled pie crust to a roughly round shape and an even thickness.
- Spread the raw crust first with a thin layer of dijon mustard, the with the goat cheese mixture
- Fold the edges of the galette in, pinching or folding as you go.
- Bake the galette on parchment paper on the middle rack of a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, check frequently for varying oven temps. Crust should be lightly brown and flaky, the goat cheese mix will be lightly cracked. Remove from oven to cool.
- combine thinly sliced radishes wih a scant tablespoon of sherry vinegar, as well as salt an pepper to taste, top the warm - but not hot - galette with radish mixture, and rosemary, slice and serve
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.