If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was actually thinking about making an ice cream pie with a ginger snap crust, but I don't think that will quality for the autumn pie contest. In any case I had some cream I needed to use up before my travels later this week. And I was using up buttermilk. In the fridge I also had almost a pint of a preserve I had made without canning. The preserve recipe follows Christine Ferber's Blueberry-Lemon jam from "Mes Confitures" with half the sugar. Before I forget what I did, I thought I would write this recipe down. Already the measurements are approximate. You do have to be pretty brave to be a tester in my home, since I do easily forget what I put in a particular recipe. This recipe yielded a very airy, creamy ice cream which I hope ages well. - Sagegreen
Serves 3 1/2 pints
- 3/4 pint of homemade preserve with blueberry, black mission fig, pluot, ginger and lemon
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces buttermilk
- 8 ounces blueberry or pumpkin ale
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped French lavender leaves
- French lavender sprigs for garnish
- Pour all the ingredients in an ice cream maker and process for 20 minutes. Freeze. Garnish with a sprig of French lavender.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce