If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What better from the FALL CORNUCOPIA than SWEET POTATOES ? I see the contest calls for a double crust which is not reflected in the picture however follow the recipe to add a crown to the pie. - micki barzilay —micki barzilay
Food52 Review: Here’s what to love about this simply sensational pie: 1. The only dairy in it is a touch of plain yogurt, so the egg yolks serve to bind the sweet potatoes, without creating a heavy custard. 2. The maple syrup-drizzled, toasted pecans provide a perfect contrast in texture, like delicate pralines. 3. It brilliantly seems both rich and light at the same time. 4. There’s just enough spice to add interest, without interfering with the beautiful flavor of the sweet potatoes. 5. It is just gorgeous. I’m not making a pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving. Or possibly, ever again. ;o) - Antonia James —The Editors
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar ( packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 egg yolks
- pinches salt
- 1 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 9-10 in cooked pie shell
- 1 9-10 pre-made pie dough crust -uncooked
- Boil sweet potatoes for 30 minutes- puree them. Place mixture in bowl & whisk in yogurt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg yolks and salt . Mix till smooth. Pour into the pie shell, add maple syrup& top with roasted chopped pecana and bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.