If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Strawberry and rhubarb never seemed like a good idea. Strawberries are so sad when cooked, except in jam, and rhubarb is such a strong ingredient and so sour, that it overwhelms the strawberries. Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts cookbook is the first place I encountered the raspberry rhubarb combination. It's really good. - luvcookbooks
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 3 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 pound rhubarb, sliced into 2 inch pies
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons eau de vie de Framboise, if you have it
- 1 cup walnuts, placed in a Ziploc bag and crushed lightly with a rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 400. Roll out the bottom crust and use it to line a 9 1/2 inch pie plate. Use a deepish pie plate because this is a juicy pie. Prick the bottom crust all over with a fork and carefully spoon over the walnuts.
- Combine raspberries, rhubarb, sugar, flour, and eau de vie de Framboise. Fold very gently with your hands so as not to crush the berries too much.
- Cover with the top crust. A lattice crust or some decorative slashes in the top crust are pretty because of the color of the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Place the pie tin on a cookie sheet because the juices may overflow the pie tin.
- If desired, this can be served with whipped cream colored with a little raspberry juice (sugar some raspberries and then spoon off a little juice) and a little rose water or eau de vie de framboise. Let it cool before serving. Good with a strong cup of coffee.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Pie
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce