If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Blatantly stolen from Alton Brown, these baked wings are almost as good as fried. The steaming and chilling steps really crisp up the skin. Who knows or cares what wings were used for before the Anchor Bar invented their dish, enjoy the original recipe. - Pizza Man
Serves as many as you like.
- Cut the wings into segments, discard the tips, or save for that stock you will never make.
- Steam the wings for 10 minutes, if frozen more like 20 minutes.
- Arrange on a rack on a sheet pan and refrigerate for one hour.
- Roast in a preheated 425d oven for 40 minutes turning halfway through.
- Mix three tablespoons of Frank's Hot Sauce with one or two tablespoons of melted butter, toss the wings with this in a covered pot and serve with the obligatory celery and blue cheese dressing. Vary the proportions of hot sauce and butter to suite, some crushed red pepper will make things interesting. BTW only the celery is to be dipped in the dressing, not the wings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings