Author Notes: It's based on a recipe from Susan Hermann Loomis's Farmhouse cooking. We often polish off 2 dozen of these and call it dinner. You can eat the wingtips, bones and all. - chava
- 24 chicken wings with tips
- 3/4 cups lemon juice
- 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, slivered lengthwise
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped and bruised
- dashes Tabasco
- salt and pepper
- Pick out any feathers from wings.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients well in a large ceramic bowl.
- Add wings and mix well, so all are coated.
- Marinate at room temperature, at least all day, stirring and mixing when you happen to pass by.
- Heat oven to 425. Cook 30-45 minutes until really crisp, turning pan once or twice.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. They don't refrigerate well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings