If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad tastes best after it's marinated overnight in the fridge. You can use any vinaigrette you like, but my favorite is Dijon, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Lemon juice and olive oil would be good too. Balsamic may be too sweet.
As for the tuna- high quality olive oil packed just tastes better, but water packed works too. I won't judge. Much.
You can serve this over bibb lettuce for a light entree, or eat it straight from the container, standing in front of the fridge, as I tend to do... - Helen
Serves salad for 2 (generously)
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 can (15oz) cannellini beans
- 3 pieces roasted red peppers- sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon capers- chopped
- 1 handful nicoise olives- roughly chopped
- 1 tomato- roughtly chopped
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette
- Drain tuna and beans. Toss with everything else except dressing. Season aggressively with salt and pepper, and dress with vinaigrette. Put in fridge overnight. Serve over bibb lettuce or eat straight.