If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The secret as they say is in the sauce....Since there are only so many things you can do with the chicken wings and drummettes ( though certainly a great marinade and wonderful way to cook the chicken wings and drummettes themselves also ...) but I decided to put a new twist on the dipping sauce incorporating what first began as an awesome fresh tasting salad and then experimenting till I got the right consistancy with the fennel, celery root, and apple combined with the creme fresh (and optional blue cheese)... Wow ....The combo is fresh & makes your taste buds tingle. Enjoy ! - micki barzilay
MARINADE FOR THE CHICKEN WINGS AND DRUMETTES
- 16 chicken wings or drumettes
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 1 cup tamari sauce
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh horseradish
- 1 head garlic finely minced
Creamy , Crunchy, and Yummy Dipping Sauce
- 1 bunch Fennel - finely chopped
- 1 large Celery Root
- 2 Very Crisp -Firm Apples
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar ( w/mother)
- 1 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Creme Fresh
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese ( optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix together all the marinade items and place the wings/drummettes into the marinade and leave refrigerated over night. The next day cook chicken wings/drummettes in a 350 degree oven till cooked and slightly crispy.
- Finely chop Fennel and Celery Root and combine with the apple cider ,rice vinegar, and honey and marinade this overnight also. The next day drain off the vinegars and the honey. Mix the finely chopped fennel and celery root with the ( dipping consistancy) creme fresh (and optionally the crumbled blue cheese). Peel apple skin - remove seeds & core - cut apple into tiny bite size cubed pieces.Place the combined fennel, celery root, creme fresh and blue cheese into a 2 cup size -serving bowl. Gently fold in the apple pieces so they remain visible. Refrigerate till ready to use
- Remove hot cripsy wings and drumettes from the oven and serve immediately with chilled dipping sauce for this new twist on an old favorite.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings