If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was perfected over a summer of cook outs with friends. We honestly went thru hundreds and hundreds of wings over the past few months. I knew I nailed the recipe the day Jeff and I didn't get a single one to eat because everyone else scarfed them down and barely talked while eating. - HeCooksSheCooks
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons cayenne powder (to taste)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and mash well to incorporate flavors.
- In a separate bowl, combine the last three ingredients and set aside.
- Place wings in a large (gallon sized perhaps) zip lockable bag. Pour in the lemon juice mixture and seal bag. Shake, massage, toss, manhandle, knock about, thwack and/or roughhouse that chicken to get it all evenly coated. Push the air out of the bad and reseal. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove wings from fridge and bag and lay out on a baking pan. Sprinkle the 2nd mixture over the wings, turning to coat evenly. Cover and return to refrigerator for a minimum of one hour. Remove 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- No Grill? Just roast in your oven! 350° for 30-45 minutes will do the trick. If you want them flame kissed, put em under the broiler for a few minutes when they are 95% done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!