Author Notes: This recipe was perfected over a summer of cook outs with friends. We honestly went thru hundreds and hundreds of wings over the past few months. I knew I nailed the recipe the day Jeff and I didn't get a single one to eat because everyone else scarfed them down and barely talked while eating. - HeCooksSheCooks
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprig of rosemary, minced
- 1-2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (to taste)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and mash well to incorporate flavors.
- In a separate bowl, combine the last three ingredients and set aside.
- Place wings in a large (gallon sized perhaps) zip lockable bag. Pour in the lemon juice mixture and seal bag. Shake, massage, toss, manhandle, knock about, thwack and/or roughhouse that chicken to get it all evenly coated. Push the air out of the bad and reseal. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove wings from fridge and bag and lay out on a baking pan. Sprinkle the 2nd mixture over the wings, turning to coat evenly. Cover and return to refrigerator for a minimum of one hour. Remove 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- No Grill? Just roast in your oven! 350° for 30-45 minutes will do the trick. If you want them flame kissed, put em under the broiler for a few minutes when they are 95% done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings