Author Notes: Sriracha and sweet chili sauce combine to make these wings stand out. The tangy, sticky sauce hits every taste bud you have! - duodishes
- 2 pounds chicken wings and drummettes
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Chinese five spice powder
- Scallions, diced
- Season the chicken liberally with five spice powder, paprika and salt. Spread on a flat layer on a baking sheet and slide into a preheated oven at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, mix the remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Once it begins to bubble, reduce to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken.
- Remove chicken from the oven and drop the pieces into the sauce. Coat in the sauce, cover and simmer another 5-10 minutes until sauce gets thick and dark and coats the chicken. Remove from the sauce pan and sprinkle with scallions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings