If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking at the recipes, it occurs to me that I've never seen such a multitude of chicken wing recipes -- Buffalo, barbecue, Asian, Spanish, you-name-it. So I decided to try something different, experimented, and came up with this -- a Greek-inspired, or at least sauced with some Greek-influenced flavors, wing served with tzatziki. I think I'll serve it for this weekend's Arkansas-Alabama showdown on Saturday afternoon! - Kayb
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup red wine, not too dry
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Rinse the chicken wings and leave them to drain on a towel or in a colander. In a large skillet, saute the onion over medium high heat in olive oil until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and cook until a rich reddish brown, stirring often.
- Peel, seed and dice the roasted red pepper and add to skillet. Add wine and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add cinnamon, oregano, fennel and red pepper flakes, stir well, and add chicken broth. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 30 minutes. You may need to add a bit more chicken stock if it gets too thick. Remove from heat and break up any remaining pepper chunks with a stick blender.
- Put wings in a bowl and pour sauce over them, tossing to make sure all wings are well coated. Cover bowl with plastic and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Drain, reserving marinade. Bake wings on a foil-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes at 350.
- While wings are baking, heat remaining marinade over medium heat until bubbling. Add brown sugar and stir well. Keep warm.
- Remove wings from oven and brush with reserved, sweetened marinade. Turn heat up to 450 and bake for another 5 minutes, until wings develop a nice crust.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill weed
- Mix all ingredients and keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours before using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
Make It a Party
All tacos, all the time.
All tacos, all the time.
Let Them Shine
DIY Herb Rub
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.