If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been obsessed with this homemade spice rub lately- I've used a variation of it on ribs, roasted nuts, and now these wings. I went a little light on the chipotle chile powder (because I didn't want to overwhelm my kids), but feel free to add some more if spicy is your thing. If it wasn't raining, I probably would have grilled these, but they did very well in the oven (just please line your sheet pan with foil, folks). —WinnieAb
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic freeze-dried coffee
- 1 teaspoon organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds organic chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar through ginger. Stir well to combine.
- Place wings in a medium bowl. Pour the butter over the wings, then sprinkle the spice mix in, rubbing so that all the wings are completely covered.
- Spread the wings out onto a baking sheet that you've covered with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned and starting to crisp on top and at the edges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
What to Watch (and Cook to) on Netflix
Eat this from the comfort of your couch
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
It's time to travel.
Hone and design links we love.
Off to market.