If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a new fan of the bánh mì, I decided to use my own condiments in this sandwich. My recipes for homemade "mustard butter live," "hand made mayonnaise" and "pack a peck of voila pepper"s (for pickled vegetables) can be found on this site. You can also improvise, if you do not want to make all these from scratch. What is very important here is to select a perfect torpedo roll that is crusty on the outside, but wonderfully soft on the inside. This sandwich stays fresh, wrapped in parchment paper; it can travel well in an insulated cool pack (with an chilled ice pack) for a good half a day.
- 1 excellent torpedo roll, sliced horizontally (crusty on outside, soft inside)
- @1 tablespoons mustard butter (see recipe for homemade from scratch)
- @1 tablespoons plain fresh mayonnaise (see recipe) or aioli
- 2 ounces pickled vegetables (or fresh)- red peppers, cabbage, and carrots (see recipe on this site)
- 1 ounce fresh daikon, julienned
- 1 ounce thinly sliced sweet white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thai basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallion, julienned
- 3-4 ounces roasted chicken, sliced thinly
- argula, pea pod tendrils, spinach or radiccio greens, optional
- Lightly smear the fresh mayo (or aioli) on the inside top and bottom sides of the roll.
- Layer the sliced chicken on the bottom half of the roll, topped with the vegetables and fresh herbs. You can vary the ingredients. If you don't have pickled peppers and carrots, you can use fresh.
- Dab the top inside of the roll with mustard butter (if you don't have time to make butter from scratch, then combine sweet cream butter with whole grain mustard). Pack in parchment paper in an insulated cool pack for travel.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.