If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These colorful and flavorful lavash wraps are a quick and easy way for you and your child to get your five a day. Lavash holds ingredients in place beautifully, so is a good choice for sandwiches made ahead of time. The recipe is meant to be flexible--adjust or substitute the seasonings and vegetables to your taste and according to what you have on hand. - JSCooks
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Middle Eastern yogurt cheese (labne) or kefir cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium hothouse cucumber, peeled if desired
- 4 pieces lavash (Middle Eastern flat bread), white or whole wheat
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, jarred or home-made, cut into strips
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup peperoncini, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata or other olives
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or arugula
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the feta, labne, garlic, lemon juice, mint, oregano, and pepper to make a chunky paste.
- Cut a thin slice the length of the cucumber to create a flat surface, then rest it on the flat side and cut the cucumber lengthwise, as thin as possible, into long strips.
- Lay out the 4 lavash on a flat work surface with the long sides facing you. Spread the feta mixture evenly over the breads, leaving a 1-inch border at the tops and bottoms. Distribute the cucumber slices, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, peperoncini, and olives over the breads. Distribute the spinach over the filling.
- Fold the border of one lavash from the side closest to you over the filling, then continue to roll tightly until you reach the other side. Repeat to make 4 lavash rolls.
- Cut each lavash in half on a bias to make 2 sandwich halves. Wrap each half separately in plastic film. Refrigerate until cold or as long as overnight before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.