If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Step inside Fontana, the best wine bar in Parma (Italy) and you're sure to find a selection of panini—sandwiches that are filled with delicious combinations of salumi, meats, cheeses, vegetables, a big selection of sauces of course and grilled to crisp perfection. It's my favorite place in Parma to have a drink before dinner and eating something or it's perfect for my break lunch! The best sellers of this enoteca are:
- prinicipe al crudo: raw parma ham and parmesan cheese paired with bread
- prinicipe al culatello: culatello and parmesan cheese paired with bread
- panino with roastbeaf and rocket
- panino with mortadella and gorgonzola cheese
- panino with spalla cotta and red chicory sauce
These grilled sandwiches prove that even the simplest foods can be sublime.
Now I try to give you all secrets of sandwiches of this amazing house of great pleasure for our all palates!!!
I'll star with the principe al crudo:
raw Parma ham between 2 slices of white bread or salt focaccia or integral bread, combines with PARMESAN cheese in the finest Italian tradition. —mvloves
- 2 slices of bread
- 5 flakes of PARMESAN
- 3 large and very thin slices of Parma ham
- Preheat an electric panini maker and make it be quite hot, Lay the flakes of PARMESAN between the slices of bread and place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook till the cheese is quite melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take out of the electric maker and open it and fill in with the slices of Parma ham.
- Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in 4 parts. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.