Author Notes: This is a wrap I created years ago to take with me on long hikes. I love to go out and hike for the day and take something for a picnic and good book. These have been my favorite wrap to take with me. If I have to chance to make them before the contest ends, I'll upload a photo. - TheWimpyVegetarian
Makes 4-6 depending on how much filling you like in your wrap
- 1 salmon fillet, about 3/4 pound, grilled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup your favorite cooked long-grain rice
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- arugula or spinach leaves
- 10 basil leaves
- herbed chevre
- 4-6 8" flour tortillas
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the red onion. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and toss together.
- Break up the grilled salmon fillet in pieces with your hands. Add the rice and salmon to the pan and toss together. Add the lemon,; salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, lay the tortillas out flat. Spread some chevre on the tortillas. Spoon some of the rice mixture on the chevre and top with basil and either arugula or spinach leaves.
- Roll up the wrap and wrap it in foil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch