If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I feel like going easy on the carbs, bread is always the first thing to go. So with that in mind, how can you still have a hand held lunch without it? Nature's own green 'tortilla' to the rescue... Once you remove the stem from the middle, the leaves of the Collard Green can be wrapped to hold any filling you can imagine. It's healthy and delicious and a great alternative to bread! —TiggyBee
- 1 Large collard green leaf
- Sliced avacado
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced radish
- Julienned carrots
- Chopped tomatoes
- A few splashes of your favorite vinaigrette
- Slices of cooked bacon
- Handful of mixed greens
- sunflower seeds
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Select a large collard green leaf, wash and dry it.
- Lay the leaf flat on a cutting surface and using a knife, cut the stem out of the middle. This will divide the leaf, so when assembling, simply lay one half over into an inch or so, of the other.
- Spread the hummus over the entire leaf. Add the remaining ingredients on one side of the leaf only, so that you're able to roll it up. Add a dash or two of vinaigrette, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll it up and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.