If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Both Adam and I work full time and go to school. So there is minimal time to make food during the week. On Saturdays or Sundays we cook up big batches of chicken salad, quinoa salad, beef or chicken stew, and our favorite chili. This salad gets modified every time we make it, but this is I think our favorite version of it. It works great on its own, in between two sliced of good toasty multigrain bread, or in a wrap. ps Adam comes up with the names ;) —adamnsvetcooking
Serves big batch
- 4 Roasted chicen breasts, chopped bite size, skin removed (or whole chicken)
- 1 Bell pepper (red, yellow...) diced (~1/4'' size)
- 2 Stalks of celery diced (~1/4'' size)
- 2 Medium carrots diced (~1/4'' size)
- 1/2 cup Chopped crazins (or dried sour cherries)
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt (we used the 2%)
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a smaller bowl mix the sherry vinegar and yogurt. In a larger bowl mix the diced chicken, celery, bell peppers, carrots, crazins, and walnuts. To this bowl add the sherry vinegar and yogurt mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.