If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very quick & easy dish for lunch or a busy weeknight. I normally serve with toasted sourdough bread on the side. You can also use leftover BBQ steak from the day before.
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 4 small tomatoes, cut half
- 1/4 cup red or white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 handfuls mix leaf
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (Japanese cooking wine)or substitute 2 tablespoons water and 1/2 tablespoon sugar)
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high. Add garlic and cook until fragrant then take it out and set aside.
- Grill steak in the same skillet for 3 to 4 minutes per side until medium rare. Turn off the heat and transfer the steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes then slice.
- Pour white vinegar, soy sauce and Mirin into hot skillet and mix well. This is a dressing.
- Toss tomatoes, onion, mix leaf, pine nuts and garlic. Transfer to each plate or lunch container and top with the steak. Pour the dressing right before you eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.