Author Notes: This is a very quick & easy dish for lunch or a busy weeknight. I normally serve with toasted sourdough bread on the side. You can also use leftover BBQ steak from the day before.
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 4 small tomatoes, cut half
- 1/4 cup red or white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 handfuls mix leaf
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (Japanese cooking wine)or substitute 2 tablespoons water and 1/2 tablespoon sugar)
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high. Add garlic and cook until fragrant then take it out and set aside.
- Grill steak in the same skillet for 3 to 4 minutes per side until medium rare. Turn off the heat and transfer the steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes then slice.
- Pour white vinegar, soy sauce and Mirin into hot skillet and mix well. This is a dressing.
- Toss tomatoes, onion, mix leaf, pine nuts and garlic. Transfer to each plate or lunch container and top with the steak. Pour the dressing right before you eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch