If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a checkerboard sandwich comprised of one inch square bites, perfect for small hands. This recipe makes 16 one inch bites, but only 9 are pictured. These are really fun to make, by and for adults and kids alike. This version is sweet with nutella and jam. Savory variations are just as easy to create, but I would switch the cream cheese/creme fraiche filling to ricotta and feta for vegetables. - Sagegreen
- 2 tablespoons Quaker whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 slices of cocktail size pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices of cocktail size sour dough bread
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 2 tablespoons lingonberry fruit preserve
- 1 seckel pear, sliced
- Mix the creme fraiche together with the whipped cream cheese. Spread this mix evenly on the bottom of all 4 cocktail bread slices.
- On top of the pumpernickel spread the lingonberry jam. On top of the sour dough slices spread the nutella. Add the top slices.
- Trim the crusts off all 4 sandwiches. Cut each one into 4 squares. Arrange in a checkerboard pattern with sliced seckel pear as garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch